Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Memories

Just dropped William off at Bath.  During the journey back home I was thinking of all the wonderful times we had together, William, Christine and me.  Holidays in Solva and the Lakes - making sandcastles, jumping in the snow, water fights.  Chris would read to William every night before he went to sleep and I'd come up to the bedroom just before she closed the book and try and sneak up on them both - a game William called 'dad le dad'.  I'd crawl along the floor and get as close to them as possible - when I was spotted William would cry out and they'd howl with laughter.   If I didn't go upstairs he'd shout downstairs 'dad le dad' to remind me.

Oh how she loved that boy, her beloved - they had some great times together just a mum and her son, on their own, discovering new things together - stories, music, adventures.  I can see them laughing together over characters from plays and films particularly Mr Collins from Pride and Prejudice.

No comments:

Post a Comment