Saturday, 13 December 2014

A weekend by the sea.

Thursday afternoon, straight after work, I loaded the car and headed down to Cornwall to stay with Jerry and Claire.  A wonderful place to live.

Friday,  we explored Truro and sampled a cornish cream tea, afterwards we headed out to explore the coastline on the bikes. Fabulous views regardless of the slightly overcast day.

Saturday, the sun was shining with a cold nip in the air. In the morning I tried my hand at gig rowing. I joined Claire and four others to row our way around the estuary setting off from Flushing. Instruction came from a very kindly pilot, who never once shouted at me even though I clashed oars a few times.  It was great fun - I can see why gig racing has become the fastest growing sport in the south west.  In the afternoon, as the winter sun continued to shine we paddle boarded our way around the coast.   In the evening we dropped in at a local party.

Sunday, had a lovely roast at a local cafe and then headed home. I dropped in on Jonathan and Melissa and stayed the night, making an early start on Monday morning to get back for an appointment.

A lovely weekend. I'm always sad and feel lonely when I get home to an empty house after a few days away - but I try to dig deep and remember how lucky I was to have had Chris in my life and how lucky I am now to have a loving family and friends.  God bless them all.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment