Thursday, 11 December 2014

Family and friends


I met a woman today whose husband has cancer and she asked me ‘I don’t know how I find the strength to do what I need to do, to support him’.   I said ‘it’s the love you feel for him that keeps you going – you find it in you – it just happens’.  Her reply ‘it’s also the love of my family and friends’

Sometimes a bolt of intense pain hits me and I shout inside my head – I don’t want to do this anymore!   It’s not that I'm saying I can’t do it, it’s just a statement of how I feel at that moment - it’s a painful fact - I don’t want to do this, but I’ve got to.   It’s just like when Christine shouted out one day ‘I didn’t ask for this, I don’t want this!’ her hurt was so great it just came out.

The love of family and friends support William, me and each other - humanity is a wonderful thing. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment