When you hang your life off one person - the good things, the sad things, the angry things - when you share your worries, your fears, your joy, your uncertainty, your history, with that one person, and then that person is wrenched from you, there is an enormous hole in your being.
I still remember what Christine said to me and I am thankful for what I have now and feel blessed to have had Christine in my life, but I do miss her and I still cry every day.
I trampled out this heart shape in the garden one snowy evening when Chris was in the shower. When she got out I said 'look in the garden!' I think she said something like 'oh you are silly' and gave me a kiss.
Today William and myself popped into the cathedral and lit a candle for Christine, Ronnie, Rita and dad. I said hello to her friends at the cathedral - even though a year has passed they all miss her and yesterday they held a small service in the chapel in her memory.
In the evening Anita and John came over for supper - chicken wrapped in parma ham followed by blackberries picked by Christine. We felt Christine was with us xxx.
No comments:
Post a Comment