I spent a lovely Thursday and Friday at Jane and Richard's - on Thursday evening I found time to pop over to Sedgley to see Dale. Over the weekend I was able to see mum a great deal which was lovely - it also gave us time to sort out mum's car and luckily Jonathan was able to drive it down to Cheltenham on Sunday (Jonathan and Melissa came up on Saturday)
On Saturday I stopped at Anita and Johns. We had a lovely curry in The Lye and talked about our shared lives with Christine all night long. As Anita said we were lucky to have had Christine's love for us in our lives and privileged to be able love her back. Loving was something Christine did with all her soul, she found it easy, she was never bashful about it - it was who she was, it defined her. I miss her love and feel wounded.
It's a difficult time for us all. A year ago my world, William's world and the world for all who loved Christine was unravelling on a daily basis and it's hard not to remember this and to not feel scared and lost as the anniversary of Christine's death gets closer.
It would be our wedding anniversary next week and the run up to remembrance Sunday always reminded us of this - when we got married Sedgley church was decked out with flowers in readiness for remembrance day.
I'm looking forward to going back to work next week and on Wednesday evening I'm going to look around the Playhouse with a view to volunteering there - not acting but helping back stage. Let's see how it goes. On a different note when I got back home a seventh mouse had been caught in the trap!
No comments:
Post a Comment