It's All Souls Day today and as Sunday afternoon approaches I think of the good things in my life; my lovely boy, who is home for the weekend (we went to the cinema last night to see Fury), the love of families, Anita and John came down for Saturday afternoon (which was great), Jane rings me all the time (she always knows when I'm a bit low - it's a twin thing), the kindness of friends and lovely memories of Christine (how lucky was I to meet her).
We went to the 'All souls' service at Shurdington Church in the afternoon - it was lovely to have William by my side as we remembered our beautiful Christine.
But...what would I give, to hear her say "oh no what have you done know'...what would I give, to put my arms around her tiny waist and hold her beautiful hands when I come home from work...what would I give, for that kiss as she leaves for work...what would I give to feel that frustration as she digs her heels in about something (she had a stubborn streak)...what would I give, to do all the things we took for granted just one more time?
How lucky was I to have had all of these and more - as Christine said to me at Sue Ryder 'A lifetime of memories'. It was certainly full, rich, and had its ups and downs.
No comments:
Post a Comment