Where do I start on such a busy few days?
Thursday lunchtime William caught the train to Bath for his exams, in the afternoon Jonathan and Melissa picked me up on the way to Midlands, I stayed at Jane's. I saw mum's flat with all the furniture in it for the first time - it looks great, really comfortable and practical. On Friday night we all went for a curry at the local Indian, which is just around the corner from mums. Mum loved it and wants to go again as soon as she can.
On Saturday J and M left for home and I popped over to the Gatehouses for the day. We spent the afternoon in Ludlow and at Henry's house - getting a tour of the hop yards and drying process.
Sunday was quiet and I just chilled at Jane's, in the evening Jane and me popped over to see Dale my old mucker from school.
Monday, we put up a hop garland at Jane's and I came back home.
Today, I had the cast removed from my wrist. It's been in a cast for ten weeks - no driving has made it really difficult to get out and about. When the cast came off my wrist looked like a snake shedding its skin - yucky! Its very thin around the the wrist but puffy at the fingers. The consultant was very pleased with how the break was healing and didn't need to put another cast on - it's going to be gentle exercises (seeing the physic tomorrow) and no heavy lifting for a few months.
A lovely few days where I got to see nearly all of my family on both sides (T's and G's) Thanks all.
No comments:
Post a Comment