Monday, 14 July 2014

A strange weekend

Eight weeks ago I sprained my wrist - or I thought it was a sprain. Three weeks ago I had it checked out at hospital, Doctors said I'd broken my scaphoid, a small bone in my wrist.  It was repairing slowly but off set - sadly it required surgery.

On Friday I had surgery to break the bone, straighten it up and put in a plate.  Once the sickness after the anaesthetic had worn off I was sent home on Saturday night. It was so strange and sad being in hospital without a visit from Christine and then going home - William has been great.

Tonight I looked at last years blog - what a horrible year.  I don't do it very often but sometimes I just need to look at it - I don't know why.  It always makes me cry, well sob really and wail like a wounded animal.  I'm OK with that - Christine was so important to me and looking at the blog and remembering things is part of my journey.

Just as I made the decision to take control of my life and look for a new type of work (I handed my notice in a week ago) I'm laid up with my wrist in plaster for the next eight weeks.  Not to worry I believe things will work out as I feel positive and more in control of my life - I just don't know where it will lead.

I really miss Christine.


No comments:

Post a Comment