I spent an enjoyable day with Jonathan and William. On a beautiful summer morning we arrived at Burley Fields for 10.00 am and set off for the Ride for Ryder charity cycle ride. The route took in Tewkesbury, Haw Bridge and Wainlodes. We completed the ride in 2 hrs 30 mins including a fifteen minute stop for refreshments on the way - not a bad time I feel.
We raised a total of £735.00 including Gift Aid. As an example a syringe driver costs £750 each, a syringe driver allows pain relief to be administered continually with precision - this indicates the cost of providing care. It was a pleasure to be amongst at least three hundred riders all there for the same reason, to raise money for Sue Ryder Leckhampton Court Hospice. There were moments when I felt immense sadness - but it was something I wanted to do.
In the afternoon I chewed the fat with Jonathan, we talked about Christine and my future without her. It's a very hard journey. Thanks to everyone for your support you continue to give William and myself.
And, yes that is a deer walking out the frame of the first picture!
Excellent work Team Turtino - and you picked a lovely day for it!
ReplyDelete