A wonderful few days - spent with friends. On Friday Jerry and Claire picked me up to go to Devon for a long weekend. We loaded the car with wetsuits and boards and headed straight to the Ho!. On arrival it was a bit choppy and breezy. Not a problem, we went in for what we thought would be a quick dip. The hot afternoon sun kept out the chill breeze and we stayed in for four and half hours - great fun.
By Saturday the wind had increased and blown out the waves. So a quick change of plans saw us drive around Exmoor and do the fabulous Watersmeet to Lynmouth woodland walk. The walk follows the East Lyn River as it tumbles its way down to the sea. The roar of the water rang in our ears all the way. The hill sides were dappled in colour as the trees were in various stages of spring - some bare, some with red buds and some with small crisp green leaves. Thank you Claire, Jerry, Claudia and Simo for your kindness.
On Sunday, back in Cheltenham, myself and Jerry took the opportunity to round the weekend off with a superb long ride around Winchcombe and Andoversford - what a beautiful county.
It was a lovely weekend spent in the company of patient and kind friends. Love, family and friends are gifts that I have been given and I cherish them. I always cry when I get home and I miss Christine, but her soul is with me and helps me all the time.


No comments:
Post a Comment