This weekend was an emotional roller coaster for me - I enjoyed it, but I was also overcome with immense sadness. On Saturday I spent a very enjoyable day with Jane and Jessica in Bath exploring the city. We met up with William and walked around the Abbey. A choir was rehearsing for an evening performance of Handel's Messiah - we lit a candle for my dearest Christine - oh how I miss her.
On Sunday Jerry and myself packed up our mountain bikes and headed for Malvern. We cycled from the town up to North Hill and then along the ridge getting close to British Camp and then a return back to Malvern. The weather was spectacular; howling winds, rain and bright sun - a ferocious hail storm hit us just as we arrived at Worcestershire Beacon. The dark stormy weather came in waves that you could see move across the landscape from West to East. A super ride - thanks Jerry.
Coming home on lovely sunny spring days make me miss Christine even more. You think you are doing so well - then it hits you. I miss her voice, her touch, her warmth - where is she? why did it happen? My heart breaks. Christine loved the world and it's seasons - we enjoyed them together.
Today reminded me of the first few lines of the poem by Gerard Manley Hopkins that Bron said Christine used to quote when they were at school.
God's Grandeur.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God
It will flame out, like shining from shook foil
It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
No comments:
Post a Comment