Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Yorkshire Dales

Last week I drove up to Jane's and joined Jane and Richard for a lovely week in the Yorkshire Dales. Stopping in a small cottage in Thwaite we enjoyed walks in the wonderful dales. We did Gunnerside following Gunnerside Gill and up to a high path that skirted the side of Gunnerside, a beautiful walk in balmy winter weather.    Jessica joined us for a couple of days and we followed the River Swale towards Keld and turned back on ourselves to follow the escarpment back to Muker (joining the Pennine Way for a short while).

We visited many spectacular waterfalls and just caught site of three canoeist's going over a large fall that was in full spate - agh.

This is the first time I have visited the dales since I was twenty two when I walked the Pennine Way. I'd forgotten how beautiful it was - a very relaxing week with my dear sister and brother in law.  Thank you both.   Chris was in our thoughts and conversations - she would have loved the area.

I cried when I got home I really miss my lovely Christine.




1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed our bit of Yorkshire heaven! Chris is in all our thoughts wherever we are. Love always Jane & Richard X

    ReplyDelete